About

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back at the Cottage



"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."
John Howard Payne
US actor & dramatist (1791 - 1852)
We've just returned from a family reunion. It was nice to see, catch up, and laugh with everyone. My boys enjoyed seeing their cousins and visiting the Pacific ocean. Too cold to actually swim, but walking along the shore looking for pebbles and sand dollars was enough. Here are a few photos from our trip...


The first day was spent at Mason Lake in Shelton, WA. There was swimming, a BBQ and a paddle boat that our dog enjoyed!

The next day was spent at Westport, WA. There is a whaler's museum and a shipyard full of boats. While we were there, the tall ships that are actually manned by a trained crew were docked and we were able to take a tour.









The rest of the day was spent on the Pacific Ocean strolling a picking up pebbles and sand dollars.





After service on Sunday
the family gathered for lunch and the nice weather allowed for outdoor dining.










Our trip home was fun too. We saw a stern-wheel riverboat going down the Columbia River,







we stopped at the Multnomah Falls and hiked up a ways to view it at different levels. This is one of my husband's favorite places and it was the perfect day to visit. It was a fast trip , packed with activity. . . and lots of memories. And now it's back to reality and LOADS of laundry!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Glad your
vacation went so well.

Anonymous said...

That's the bad thing about going away, all that laundry you bring back with you!

That whaler's museum looks neat. I would have loved visiting it. I find that whole lifestyle intriguing.

I'm glad y'all had a good time a your family reunion!

Manuela

Lana Manis said...

I've missed you Suzanne! I'm glad you got to visit with family and see all those wonderful sites. I'd have loved to visit the ship and the whaler's museum.

Lana

Lorraine said...

I see my mommy! I see my mommy!

We were so sorry to miss the gathering. Truly.

PAT said...

Welcome back, Suzanne. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

The photos are beautiful!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Unknown said...

How beautiful, Suzanne!! So glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing pic's!!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, we are in Washington. Looks like you passed my house on your way home. We are across the Columbia river from East Portland area. We see the stern wheeler quite often and I am lucky enough to see the beautiful river everyday.
You like vintage painting? Interesting, this is new to me. I'll have to learn from you.