About

Monday, January 26, 2009

A Dog, a Computer, and a Bed

I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. On one hand, I would hate to be without it. I love the internet, I sell on the internet and my little 'puter helps me do that. I love visiting websites, blogs, and doing research on the internet. And, of course, our school is online.

But then, I also love the "past". Love the romance of handwritten notes (although my handwriting, if you've ever seen it is not exactly "romantic".....more "early physician" than "early 18th century".)
I love the seemingly slower pace of the past, but I'm sure they had LOTS to keep them busy! And if the truth be told, I'm not sure I'd be able to move around in layers of petticoats, hoops with panniers, corsets, and dainty little slippers...I'm kind of a klutz!

So, I've embraced my 21st century technology and even gave it a mini-makeover this weekend!

My little Mac was not mine originally, it is a hand-me-down from my husband. It came to me with some of the letters worn off of the keys, and I have to admit, I contributed to some of the faded and disappearing letters myself. You really had to know where the keys were on the keyboard to type on mine, or you would type some "creative" spellings!

A few weeks ago, it had a little "accident". Now, I'm not blaming anyone but myself, but let's just say the "accident" involved the dog, the computer keyboard and a bed.

Two of the keys came off the keyboard and couldn't be replaced. So, in order to type a "d" and a "3" I had to press really hard on the space where the keys used to be . This was getting old...fast! So, we ordered a new keyboard and my "Geek Squad" (aka: husband and older son) replaced the old with the new!

And now I'm happily typing, surfing, updating, and blogging away!



Moral of the story:


"To err is human - to forgive, canine." - Anonymous

10 comments:

The Burlap Owl said...

Oh, that's cute. I'm so glad it all worked out. :0)

Take Care,
Tina

Lana Manis said...

Poor Roscoe! He's looks very sorry. You have forgiven him ~ right? Glad you got a new keyboard and we can keep on IM-ing!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh poor Roscoe - Glad you had it fixed! LOL I'm the geek squad here!! He is darling!!!

Unknown said...

Suzanne What precious up!!!!

Hope all is well for you!
Hugs,
Jackie

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a cute post, Suzanne. I couldn't agree with you more. One foot in the past, the other in the present. I'm thankful for the technology, now I can visit you, sweet friend.
xo Lidy

Doreen Frost said...

LOL...love the quote..so sorry about the mishap though...those furry family members sure do make a mess sometimes don't they!!

Love the chair in the top photo..and the quilt...OH MY!!!

I completely agree with you on your thoughts regarding now..and way back when..I feel the same as you do!

I'm moving on to read your next post as I see I've missed a couple recently...so sorry about that my dear!

Hugs,
Doreen

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

You couldn't possibly be mad at a sweet face like that!
As much as we adore the things from the past and I live in a whole house full of it, we'd be lost without some modern conveniences.
Hanging laundry on the line outside even in the cold of winter is fine but I couldn't imagine lugging water from the well and using a scrub board to do it. Besides how would I have ever found you and your wonderful art.
xo Susan

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Moral of the story. . . never let your dog borrow the computer!
(And I just read on another blog that you were on the first page of Etsy on innagural day--congrats!)

Anonymous said...

Suzanne you made me smile this evening. Cute post!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I LOVED reading this post!! Roscoe is apparently terribly emabrrassed ann so sorry for what he did! I loved the pictures! You had me laughing!
Smiles,
Beth