About

Friday, January 23, 2009

10 Minutes of Fame.....

Well, I *think* it was at least 10 minutes.
I'm not sure, since I didn't even know it was happening!

~*~*~*~*~

Here's how the story goes:

On Tuesday I checked my Etsy Shop and noticed that I was getting a lot of views on the Red Dress Girl, and thought this very strange, very strange indeed. I also checked my hearts (a feature on Etsy where other shops or shoppers can "heart" your shop for various reasons, ie. they like your offerings, they want to bookmark you for future purchases, etc.), and I seemed to be getting a lot just for one day.

I just couldn't figure this out, no idea what was going on, it was some weird internet glitch and my itty bitty Etsy shop had somehow been caught in the vortex...... until Lana showed me this:




The Admin of Etsy had put Red Dress Girl on the front page!

I'm not completely familiar with the ends and outs of it, but as I understand it, different people, (artists, Etsy administration) compile photos from Etsy shops based on themes, and these rotate every 10 minutes or so throughout the day. Red Dress Girl was chosen for an Americana theme. Although, I think they may have searched using the word "red" to find her.

And see the cute doll on there? That is a sweet prim from Lorraine of PieCake Primitives!

~*~*~*~*~
So, no glitches in the vortex, no rip in the time-space continuum, just a nice person in Etsy administration that was kind enough to choose Red Dress Girl for her 10 minutes of fame. Thanks Etsy Admin! ☺

Have a great weekend everyone~

13 comments:

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Congrats on your Red Dress Girl being chosen as a highlight on Etsy.
But we already know this, as several of your famous portraits line my walls.Beauty, detail and history captured on a canvas to delight and intrigue the passerby.
xo Susan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for making the front page, Suzanne!!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Wow how fun is that Suzanne!! Congratulations!!!! She is darling!!

The Burlap Owl said...

Congratulations Suzanne!... I love that painting and it totally belongs on the front page... You do such great work!

Take Care,
Tina

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Congratulations. Any of your pieces could be a cover girl {or boy}. Your work is so lovely!
xo Lidy

Unknown said...

How cool is that, Suzanne??!! I just love your Red Dress Girl!! Thanks for pointing out my little dollie :o)!!

Ruth Welter said...

Suzanne, congrats for being on the front page of ETSY and good for you that you figured it out. It is hard to know when you are being featured. I hope it brings you some good sales.

Ruth

......Thimblefolk.......Barb McNamara said...

Congratulations, Suzanne!!

Barb

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Well that's very cool,congratulations! Hopefully you'll get some sales out of it!

manuela

Samantha said...

Hey that is really cool- especially since there are like a Billion products on Etsy... Red Dress Girl is really special (of course, your fans already knew that....)

Lana Manis said...

You sooo deserve it Suzanne! The painting is beautiful!

Congrats to Lorraine and her dolly too!

Doreen Frost said...

Well this is very exciting indeed..congratulations!!!!! Red dress girl is beautiful and I can understand totally why she was chosen!

And look at our dear Lorraine..right up there too...Yeah!!!

Hugs,
D

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, how great. I love folk art portraits of girls in red dresses. You did a wonderful job on that. There is a painting in the book Young America where the girl has a very similar dotted dress, but it's more orange. I love the dots!