About

Monday, January 5, 2009

Already Behind in 2009

I've been on a little blog break just enjoying our time off. We had a wonderful Christmas break...lots of relaxing and creating when I "just felt like it".
But now we start home school again, and my hubby goes back to work full time (he is part-time music/Choir Dir. at a local HS). And everything returns to "normal", *s-i-g-h*.

My husband and I don't usually exchange Christmas gifts, but this year we did....just one or two things. Let me show you what he gave me, he was really paying attention! :)


I had mentioned that I thought this little machine (Xyron 510) would be great for making labels for my packaging and shipping, and maybe making some items for sale. And he shopped around and found one for me! He had to order it, because they were sold out in our local stores. (Guess they are a "hot" item?)
So, he definitely gets extra points for that! It makes stickers, magnets and laminates things, great for when I want to make a fake ID....(just kidding!)

(please ignore the icky paint water jar and painting "things" in the background!)

I've been making stickers using my new Sepia paintings, and some of my Valentine offerings. I haven't put the magnet cartridge in yet, but I will soon!

(I made some Valentine offerings for TDIPT on the 1st. Please click the link if you'd like to take a peek. See how behind I am?)


And while I'm talking updates, I figured out how to change the background pages of my website. It's only taken me a year and a half! lol! So, if you'd like to peek at the "new look", please click this link:
While you are there, you'll see I started a new page "Watercolor Paintings".There you can see some of the things I've been creating while on our break. And the Valentine offerings are on "Early Wares 1 and 2".

Ok, back to thinking about school. Hmmm, maybe I'll get the boys busy on an assignment and then slip away to play with my new toy?!☺

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are starting out with a very Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Lana Manis said...

So.... now there'll be stickers all over everything in your home? and magnets on the refrigerator?
I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with them to sell.
I LOVE your Valentine offerings! And those SEPIA CHARMS on etsy are BEAUTIFUL!!!
Happy New Year!

Christine LeFever said...

Wow! How cool is that? I have the Xyron 500, but not that 510. Magnets are fun, so I know you'll go to town with them. I make my shipping labels with mine.

In answer to your weather question, our snow is long gone and we have typical Willamette Valley temps now in the high 40's low 50's and I love it this way. I have lived near your neck of the woods, so I know what you're in for, if global warming hasn't rearranged all of that. Good luck!

Christine ~ Zwee!!!!!!

Doreen Frost said...

Susan..your website is wonderful...I can't believe I've never seen it before...it's lovely and I love your new offerings!

That label maker is great!!!! WOW! He did well with your Christmas gifts. :)

Have a wonderful day!
:)Doreen

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Well now when those cold winds blow you'll be content as a lark inside your little oasis making stickers galore.What fun!
Can you believe we are already a week into January and the thought of love and Valentines is in the air.I will pop over and peruse some of your offerings.
Wishing you the happiest of New Years.
xo Susan

Unknown said...

Oh, don't ya just love it when husbands are paying attention. :)
Hope you enjoyed your holidays and best wishes for a blessed 2009.

Donna said...

Happy New Year, Suzanne!

Wow, what a great little machine. I bet you're having loads of fun with it. Aren't you happy hubby was paying close attention! Love your Valentine offerings!

Hugs,
Donna

Heather said...

wow, now that's pretty handy! What a great gift! Happy 2009~

Anonymous said...

Nifty little machine, Suzanne. I'm on my way over to have a look at your "new" page!

Julie said...

Hi Suzanne, what a lovely gift.I checked out your website and it is wonderful!!! God bless, Julie