About

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Marching Into Spring



Nope, spring has not arrived in our part of the world.....yet! But, it is now March, and that means at least the season will change on the calendar. And, hopefully, the weather will soon change along with it. So, in anticipation of that change, I've pulled out my sewing machine to make a few things.

Lil' Petunia is ready for spring. I've made her for the March TDIPT update. Once in a while, I pull out my sewing machine and find that I get more involved in making the clothes of the doll than I really had intended. This is the case for Petunia. She is a bunny made of quilter's muslin and then hand-painted to resemble a brown dutch bunny....that was simple enough because I had saved a pattern I'd made from previous "bunny making".

Then I had this idea I saw on a Lilly Pulitzer skirt.... I just loved! A sweet scalloped hem with grosgrain ribbon finish. Cute skirt, I thought, and maybe I'd try to make myself one when I finished with Petunia. (Having only boys, I don't have any girls to sew for...not that they would wear anything I ever sewed...but, the idea of making girl's clothes is a romantic notion.)






So, hoping it is "age appropriate", I'm going to attempt to make an A-line skirt and create a template for the scalloped hem line...all before Easter. (I'm going to use the pattern for skirt D, with an invisible zipper!) Wish me luck!



For now, please visit Lil' Petunia on my TDIPT page: Pear Tree on TDIPT (She comes fully dressed!).





2 comments:

Julia said...

Spring is creeping in here, the Robins are singing and I heard Spring Peepers last night!

Petunia is adorable! I always wanted a dress with a scalloped edge! Eliza Dolittle had one in My Fair Lady that I always loved! Lucky Petunia!!

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Suzanne, your little Petunia is lovely, so creative and beautiful.

I was reading in your below post about cards. I've been getting cards made of my work and have been very happy. Will be glad to tell you who I use if you want, see if they work for you as well.

All the best and hoping for an early spring here as well.

Ruth