About

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Happy New Year



In proper new year fashion, I stayed up to ring the New Year in last night. We usually go to bed MUCH earlier, and no, there was no "partying" going on :) It was just me...in fact, I stayed up after everyone else was in bed!

...my reason? To paint! I was painting A Token of Love until two this morning. And, yes I slept in! :)

You can also view Presidents George and Abraham in silhouette on my January update on TDIPT.







~*~*~*~*~





Another "New" year item to tell you about: Do you get the publication Early American Life? If you do, and you have opened the "new" January issue to page 62, you'll find an article entitled: "Commissioning a Portrait". And, if you read the article, you'll see my name! I was honored to be interviewed by Greg Lefever for the article he wrote about portraits of the past and present.

And, WOW, what talent my humble art shares on those pages! Thank you EAL! :) Not only placed in the company of the present-day artists whom I admire, but a thrilling thing for me was to be on the same page as Ammi Phillips! (Yep, I'm a little weird, but that was a BIG deal!)



Now, I think it is time for my nap, so I can feel re"new"ed! :)

~Happy New Year! ~

6 comments:

Julia said...

You are amazing! I thought the article was very nice, haven't stopped bragging about you! :)

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

I've said it before but will say it again, you are brilliant and we are so very proud to you and your gifts.

George and Abe are looking good. Is the oouple Lizzy and Mr. Darcy? Maybe? OK. Maybe not.

Adorable painting.

village folk art said...

I am so happy for you ... what an awesome honor & so well deserved.

Peace & Blessings,
Barb

bayrayschild said...

Congrats to you Suzanne!
You so deserve to be honored for your beautiful work!

Hugs, Audrey

Suzanne said...

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your kind comments. I was pretty excited about the magazine article! But, really intimidated after I saw who else was in the article...I think I need to take some painting lessons now!

Patti said...

Oh Suzanne! I am so thrilled for you! You deserve this honor with your incredible talent! I am so happy that I can say that I have several of your pieces living at my house :) My oldest son gave me a subscription to EAL for Christmas - now I am even more excited to receive my first copy!
Your beautiful "Token of Love" is calling to me - I've been visiting it a few times a day ;)
Blessings, Patti