About

Saturday, September 1, 2012

And Then What Happened?


 It is update day on TDIPT, and although the cooler autumn weather hasn't hit Boise yet, I've been thinking about and planning fall items since July. I took August off from the selling site to catch up on stuff here at home, but.......that didn't work out as planned! It has been a crazy August!


Here is the rundown: (Mind you, this has all happened in a few weeks, and no, I'm not making this up!) :)

* Husband fell, caught his ring finger on a railing as he went down and cut his finger deep enough for stitches. The wedding ring flew off, but he found it! He had nerve damage in the finger, so he had to have surgery. He will have to wear this HUGE bandage for three weeks while he tries to play the piano and guitar for school and church. Oh, and school (he is a Choir/Music teacher) started for him.

* Oldest Son (Ethan) has a severe sleep disorder. Sadly, no one in the medical field can figure out why he sleeps 18 plus hours a day (some days are worse, some are a little better). And, we do our best to keep him on a schedule and get him to wake up....again, some days are worse, some are better. He has sleep apnea with hypersomnia...which just means they don't know what to call it, or why it is happening. But, they gave him a CPAP (which only helps with the sleep apnea). This has been going on for years and impacts his life, as well as ours. Prayers for him please! He has decided to take classes at BSU, but we talked him into just two this semester...and they are both online.

* Youngest Son (Ben) ran into a base cabinet door at church while playing a game at youth group. His knee started swelling, so we had to take him to the ER (second time to visit that place in a week!). He didn't break anything, but tore some cartilage. He has to wear a brace for a few days, but should be okay.......and we started our last year of home school!

Well, I guess "home school" may never be over, especially now that "we've" started college. So far, we are taking Psychology 101 and Sociology 101. Should be an interesting semester! :)....IF I can keep him awake!
So, thank goodness I started some of my offerings before all of this happened! And, if you'd like to visit them, please click this link:



Here is a quick peek at all of them:

Crow's Feet~ This was one of those quirky ideas in my head that turned out cute when I was done, lol! 
 



 Autumn~ A primitive portrait. Haven't painted one of these in awhile, but thought I'd give it a "fall flair".  She was started way back in July! :)





 ~Little Miss Muffet and her Pumpkin Tuffet~ My Halloween/Harvest spin on the nursery rhyme.



Sorry for yet another longish post. Things happen so fast around here, I just can't keep up with blogging about them! 

~Happy "Almost" Fall! ~

7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yikes, Suzanne....you've had your "three" so hopefully things will take a swing for the better! Still will pray for healing and resolution. That sleep issue sounds like a nightmare (no pun intended). I seem to recall seeing a documentary about a teen who suffered similarly - but, unfortunately, I'm not remembering the diagnosis or outcome. (This growing old ain't for sissies.) I'll try to remember more, and if I think it's anything useful, will email you.

Love your new fall offerings - especially "Autumn" and the crow's feet (gee, who'd of guessed?) But crow's feet, scary???? COME ON!! ;o)

PS - I posted your wonderful pumpkin silhouettes you did last year.....I so love them. I know it's a bit early, but I couldn't resist breaking out some pumpkins - and there was no better way to start.....

Smiles & Best Hugs ~ Robin

village folk art said...

Suzanne, So sorry for your dilemmas. We have had a 48 year old child under our care for that long and there are times when I just get tired and down. It always gets better and am then thankful for our Blessings. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you get some answers and direction.
Love your offerings. The crows feet are so unique. I am ready for Fall and will be dragging out some of our decorations very soon.
Hang in there and have a Blessed Day, Barb

Jessica said...

Suzanne, I love all of the fall items you've been doing! Especially the "Autumn" picture. Seeing these things make me want to get out the fall decor and help Mom decorate! ;-)

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Well if bad luck comes in threes you've had enough.
So sorry to read about the men in your life and send best wishes for speedy recoveries. And for Ethan a special wish for divine intervention...
Your creations are delightful!
Susan x

annie said...

Hope you have a better Sept., hope and will pray for your family, wow! Love the little Miss, love her expression!

Julia said...

Oh my giddy aunt! So sorry!

You amaze me with you steadfastness, one foot in front of the other, do what you need to do, all the while keeping your 'sanity' with your creativeness!

Prayers ascending...

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Love your Crow's Feet!! Found you via The Cranky Crow, via Laurie @ In My Dreams I see. I was off to find your cute pumpkin head silhouettes and got stopped dead in my tracks at the painting! Lovely!