About

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Still Here!

Sorry for the blog neglect....it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post! Life has been busy and we are trying to get our bearings and get into a routine as we start a new school year.
Thank you for checking in on us with emails...it is sometimes my only adult connection to the world!

I have had a few evenings and weekends to be creative, (being able to create keeps me sane...and that benefits everyone in the family!).

Here are two new items for TDIPT's update tomorrow, September 1st:

~Little Autumn Acorn~


Autumn is an original paperclay creation. Her acorn head, and chest are hand-sculpted onto a muslin body. She has a real stem on the top of her head and a painted muslin fall leaf is wrapped around the stem with rusty wire. She has a weighted bottom and can sit easily.



Autumn's little mary jane shoes and off-white stockings are painted onto muslin legs. Her face and head are hand-painted and sealed. The sleeves and skirt are stitched onto her body, but the apron is removable.
Autumn is a dainty girl and measures 17 inches long and can be displayed throughout the fall season.

~Vintage-style Thanksgiving Postcard~



I've been inspired again by vintage postcards and greeting cards! I love the style and nostalgia of these little works of art. This original painting measures 6 1/4 X 8 1/4 in the leaf and flower embossed frame. I've painted the frame black over pewter then distressed and sealed it.
The back has pretty vintage paper covering it and a hanger is attached.





In the works:

I've also almost finished another doll, this one is a girl/black cat... I still need to paint on her shoes, and decide what she will hold in her hands....any suggestions?

Here is a sneak peek:

By the looks of these offerings I must seem like an eclectic artisan who can't decide what she is going to make from one month to the next! I have to admit, I don't know what I'm going to make from month to month...I wish I were a little more organized in that area! But the fun of creating is the surprise element, I guess! For those who've asked about portraits, thank you. And yes, I have several in process for the "Poppets, Portraits, and Playthings" debut on November 1st. (see info in sidebar)


Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Welcome Back! I have missed your posts!
Little Autumn Acorn is very cute! As for the kitty, maybe she could be a mama and hold a basket of kittens? Everyone loves kittens, well at least I do (especially the kind that don't require a litter box...)

Doreen Frost said...

Hello Susan..so good to see you.

Love the new offerings!!!

Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

I think Miss Kitty should hold a mouse perhaps - with a curly tail?

Or is that too corny?

Cassie said...

I love the fact that you create so many different things! A lot of times my husband tells me I have craft-A.D.D. I can't wait to see your cat-doll. I think she should be holding a jack-o-lantern or perhaps a witches hat?

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Suzanne!
I am so loving your paperclay figures. They have such charm and personality.

Donna said...

Hi Suzanne,
I see you've been busy creating. Love all three projects!

I get caught up in all kinds of different creative things, too. Makes life more fun and interesting!

Hugs,
Donna